Monday, May 25, 2009

The Zoo

Yay! We got to go to the zoo! It was very crowded, being Memorial Day. We had a lot of fun wandering around and trying not to step on people's kids. We didn't see everything there, but we saw most of it, and I think it must have been nap time. For the whole 3 hours we were there. Well, the last half hour or so it was lunch time, and we got to see some of the animals eating instead of sleeping. We went with some friends and their adorable, energetic little 2-year-old girl.

Here are the elephants eating their lunch:



Here is the ball the 3-year-old saw instead of the elephants. She was upset that she wasn't allowed to play with it. She cried a bit.



One of the rhinos. See the red ball in the back? That's what the 3-year-old liked the best about this exhibit.



A peccary. They're like pigs, only their peccarys. This one kept pushing the food dish up with its nose, the dish would fall back down, and the piggy would repeat it.



We saw some turkeys wandering around, and then we saw this sign. You can click on it for a larger version.



This isn't one of the wanted turkeys. This one was in an enclosure, but I couldn't tell a difference. All turkeys look alike.



While we were in the primate house, one of the enclosures stated that the occupants were in the outdoor habitat. And it was true, she was standing behind me!



That's one of my friends. She was one of my old roommates, but I escaped first.

It was a fun day. My husband and I got a bit dehydrated and maybe had a bit of heat stroke, but we're ok. On our way home, we went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Their burgers are freaking huge. I thought they were pretty yummy, but I don't know that they were worth the price. I think I prefer Carl's Jr.

Random Quote:
"Everything I need to know I learned from blogs."
On the T-shirt of a guy crossing the street while we were on our way to get food.

1 comment:

The Hunters said...

We saw one of the "wild turkeys"! It was next to the art gallery on the lawn, just wandering around. It was freaking hilarious!