Friday, May 2, 2008

I Wonder Why That Car's Side is Wrecked?

I was driving to school the other day when a car in the opposite lane decided to turn left at the intersection. When he did, I had to slam on the brakes a little more than one would expect having to do when one has the right-of-way. As he passed in front of me I saw that the side of his car was pretty trashed. I sarcastically thought to myself, "Gee I wonder why?"

It's not the first time I've seen a car do something stupid in front of me or someone else and notice evidence of a failed attempt at a similar thing at a previous time. If that made sense. If it didn't, that's ok. It made sense to me. Sort of. Well it really did but I can't think of a good way of saying that.

On an unrelated note, I just saw Ferris Bueller's Day Off for the first time today. I guess I'm behind the times or something since I should have already seen it. Tell me honestly, were you surprised that I had gone almost 25 years without seeing it? Just so that you all know, it came out when I was 3. I don't know why that's important, but it might be.

Extra long random quote:
Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.
Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...
Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...
Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Brother Maynard: Amen.
All: Amen.

2 comments:

A.S.R. said...

I love reading you blog, you are one of the few people who make random observations in their blogs.

Diane said...

Why thank you! :D