Monday, July 21, 2008

Movies: Superman Returns and Beowulf

I recently watched Superman Returns for the second time. The first time I didn't like it much, the second time I thought it was ok. The only big thing I didn't like was that Superman's hair looked like a helmet. Allow me to explain. It was so perfectly formed that it looked like some artist sculpted the whole thing from clay, painted it black, cooked it in one of those ovens, and set it gently upon Brandon Routh's scalp. Even the classic curl on his forehead was sculpted :(. It looked ridiculous. Obviously it should look neat, but this looked creepily unnatural. More alien than his superpowers O.O. This made me sad. I give Brandon Routh a 9 (he did great, especially in Christopher Reeve's shadow), and his hairdressers a -1.

I also watched Beowulf this morning. It was meh. It was all computer graphics, which I never noticed on the commercials (granted, I don't pay much attention to commercials usually). It started out good, but it went downhill quickly. The best part is near the beginning when Beowulf and his men are attacking the demon-monster-thing, Grendel, and one of them stabs it between it's legs and says, "It doesn't have a pintle!" I guess that's what it was called back then. And Wikipedia says it's current in Scottish use. Anyways, it was ok to see once.

Random Quote (I'm in Utah, remember):
The shortest distance between two points is under construction. ~Noelie Altito~

No comments: